BE / B tech - Mechanical Engineering
Experience in the Engineering / EPC business, much of which has been in procurement/Sourcing & vendor development.
- Lead efforts in exploring, initiating, developing, and validating opportunities in vendor development, quality improvements and cost savings and other sourcing related opportunities.
- Act as the technical interface between suppliers and Project Managers to determine new and alternate sources.
1) Continuous involvement in the Supplier Selection Process to develop a supply base that provides competitive advantage in quality, value/cost, delivery and technology.
2) Work with Project Team to ensure the integrity and clarity of engineering drawing requirements and that all expectations are communicated effectively to supporting suppliers.
3) Use project management skills and tools to investigate alternatives for reduced cost or improved quality and reliability
4) Liaise with suppliers on delivery schedule so as to ensure on-time deliveries.
5) Negotiate pricing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers
6) Issue purchase orders for procurement and expedition of materials and equipment for jobs
7) Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations
8) Handle change order requests
9) Maintain sub/supplier information.
Mumbai / Overseas / International / African Countries
Salary: INR 5,00,000 - 10,00,000 P.A.
Industry: Construction / Engineering / Cement / Metals
Functional Area: Supply Chain, Logistics, Purchase, Materials
Role Category: Purchase/Material Management
Role: Purchase/Vendor Development Manager
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time